Tuesday 2 March 2010

kenya





I was lucky enough in February to head back to Kenya and film at the Elephant Orphanage, with the BBC.

It was magical for me to catch up with everyone there and all my old Ele friends, including Emily and her new calf Eve. I hadnt seen Emily for a couple of years and she's now matriach of a lovely herd of ex orphans out in the wild.


We went out with head keeper Joseph and finaly found her. Em came straight over to say hi, leaving her new calf with the protection of the others. It was really emotional for me ( which i covered up very badly!).

We had a couple of weeks and got up Ithumba in northern Tsavo as well as Voi. The rains had finaly broken after a hideous drought. This ment the water at Ithumba was plentiful and made mudwallow a wonderous spectacle!










No comments:

Post a Comment